CT 50 2:1
MS Acrylic clear coat
quantity per carton
hardener for clear coat
High quality 2K acrylic clear coat with increased resistance to scratches SR (Scratch Resistant) for car body repairs. Creates a coating with a high degree of gloss and hardness. Characterized by its versatility and easy use.
1 liter of the mixture is enough to paint a surface of 10 ÷ 12 m2 with a layer of 50 μm.
- Ready to use wihout the addition of thinner (maximum solvent addition of 3% is allowed for special coatings).
- Very good levelling.
- High and durable gloss.
- Easy application on larger surfaces.
- High mechanical resistance to stone chips and scratches.
- Very high resistance to UV rays and atmospheric conditions.
- Universal in use.
CT 50 Acrylic Clear Coat 2:1 can be applied over:
- Base coats.
- Old paint coatings in good condition after matting and degreasing.
2 : 1 + 0 + 5 %
15 ÷ 16s / 20°C
pot life for the mixture
5 h / 20°C
HVLP / RP
ø1,3 ÷ 1,4 mm
30 min. / 60°C
For car body repairs that require a durable finish.
Mixing ratio by volume
Clear coat: 2
15÷16 seconds at 20°C
Pot life for the mixture
about 5 hours at 20ºC
Number of layers
2 full layers, 40÷60 µm of dry coating.
RP gun parameters
Nozzle: 1.3÷1.4 mm; Pressure: 2,0÷2,2 bar.
HVLP gun parameters
Nozzle: 1.3÷1.4 mm; Inlet pressure: 2,0 bar.
Flash off time
Between layers: about 5 minutes
Before repainting: about 10 minutes
Drying time at 20°C
Dust free: about 35 minutes.
Ready to polish: after drying overnight.
Drying time at 60°C
Clear coat is ready to polish after baking for about 30÷35 minutes and cooling down (about 4 hours).
Temperatures below 20°C significantly increases the drying time.
15÷20 minutes under short wave depending on the total thickness and type of radiator.
Do not exceed maximum temperature of 60°C.
Use according to the recommendations of the equipment manufacturer.
Wait about 10 minutes before starting IR drying.
1 liter of the mixture is enough to paint 10÷12 m2 of surface with a layer thickness of 50 μm.
Make sure you have covered all the surface with the clear coat. You should only shade the surface that has been covered and treated. Use InterTroton FADE OUT THINNER to clean any dust or dirt from the surface and to level out the optical gloss differences between the older and new applied coating.
Polishing and eliminating defects
Usually polishing is unnecessary, as the CT 50 2:1 gives the surface a perfect finish immediately after application. However, if some dirt inclusions appear, we recommend removing them and then polishing the surface with an abrasive compound.
Caution: Do not polish matt coatings!
- Do not exceed recommended doses of the hardener!
- The best repair results can be achieved by painting at room temperature. The temperature in the body shop and the temperature of the product should be similar. When working with 2K products, it is recommended to use personal protection equipment. Protect the eyes and airways.
- The rooms should be well ventilated.
- Clean the guns and equipment immediately after use.
Caution: To maintain safety, always follow the instructions given in the MSDS for the products.
Currently, there are no questions and answers related to this product. Be the first one to create an inquiry using the form below.