Acrylic clear coat
quantity in box
High quality bicomponent transparent acrylic clear coat for fast body car repairs, with very low level of volatile compounds. High resin content lets to achieve the surface of an excellent quality, whereas short hardening time decrease full car body repair.
- Very high content of resins.
- Short hardening time.
- Very high gloss.
- Perfect surface look.
Acrylic clear coats can be applied over:
- Base coats.
- Old finishes in good condition after matting and degreasing.
For dulling the color we recommend the following :
- grey abrasive cloth with matting compound.
- sanding paper with gradation of 600÷800 (for dulling on wet).
- sanding paper with gradation of 360÷500 (for dulling by machine).
2 : 1 + 0% (doesn’t require the thinner!)
19 ÷ 21s / 20°C
90 min. / 20°C (hard. standard)
60 min. / 20°C (hard. fast)
HVLP / RP
ø1,3 ÷ 1,4 mm
approx. 10 min.
30÷35 min. / 20°C
20÷25 min. / 60°C
(for standard hardener)
Fast body car repairs which require durable finish.
Mixing ratio by volume
Clear Coat: 2
Cleat coat doesn’t require the thinner!
19÷21 seconds in 20°C
Pot life for the mixture
90 minutes at 20°C. (hardener STANDARD)
60 minutes at 20°C. (hardener FAST)
Number of layers
Full thicknes of a dry layer = 60 μm
RP Nozzle: 1,2÷1,4mm; Pressure: 2,0÷2,2 bar.
HVLP Nozzle: 1.3÷1,4mm; Pressure inside the nozzle: 2,0 bar.
Caution: Follow the gun producer instructions
Between layers: 2 min.
Hardening time at 20°C
Dust dry: 30÷35 min.
Touch free: 90 min.
Before baking: 10 min.
Baking in 60°C (temp. Of baking panel): 5 min.
Dust dry: 20÷25 min.
Touch free: 60 min.
Before baking: 10 min.
Dust dry: 45÷50 min.
Touch free: 110 min.
Dust dry: 60 min.
Touch free: 120 min.
Temperatures below 20°C significantly decrease the drying time.
5 ÷ 17 minutes under short waves, depending on the layer thickness and the type of radiator.
Do not exceed 60°C.
Use as recommended by the equipment manufacturer.
Wait about 10 minutes before starting the IR drying.
1 liter of mixture is enough to cover approx. 10÷11 m2 of dry layer with thickness of 60 μm.
Make sure you have covered the whole area with the base coat and do the shading only on a previously prepared area. Use FADE OUT THINNER to blend the dust that has settled around the repaired surface and to eliminate optical gloss differences between the old lacquer and the newly applied acrylic clear coat.
Polishing and removing inclusions
Usually polishing is unnecessary as SPARK 57 VHS 2:1 gives the surface a perfect look immediately after application. If there are any impurity inclusions, it is recommended to remove them and afterwards polish with a polishing compound.
- Do not exceed recommended doses of hardener!
- The best repair results can be achieved when application is done at room temperature. Temperature in body shop and the product temperature should be the same.
- When working with 2K products, it is recommended to use personal protection equipment. Protect the eyes and air ways.
- The rooms should be well ventilated.
- Tools should be cleaned immediately after use.
Caution: To maintain safety, always follow the instructions given on the SDS for the products.
Currently, there are no questions and answers related to this product. Be the first one to create an inquiry using the form below.