Epoxy Primer 4:1
Anticorrosive epoxy primer
quantity per carton
0,8 l + 0,2 l
0,8 l + 0,2 l
0,8 l + 0,2 l
High-quality 2K epoxy primer with anticorrosive additives. Perfectly protects steel substrates against corrosion in the car repair process. Can be used as a filling or isolating primer. Suitable for application wet on wet.
- Excellent protection of steel surfaces.
- Very high adhesion to various substrates.
- Easy to mix and apply.
- Exceptional fluidity.
Anticorrosive epoxy primer can be applied directly on:
- Steel and aluminum after matting and degreasing.
- Zinc-coated and galvanized steel after matting and degreasing.
- Sanded glass fibre-polyester ((GFK/GRP) and glass fibre-epoxy laminates.
- Polyester body fillers and epoxy body fillers.
- Old paint coatings in good condition after matting and degreasing.
Good surface preparation is essential to achieve the best repair results.
4 : 1 + 15%
4 : 1 + 25%
4 : 1 + 50%
55 ÷ 60s / 20°C
35 ÷ 40s / 20°C
18 ÷ 20s / 20°C
pot life for the mixture
~ 3h / 20°C
HVLP / RP
ø1,5 ÷ 2,0 mm
5 ÷ 10 min.
~ 10 min.
8 h / 20°C
45 min. / 60°C
P360 ÷ P500
P600 ÷ P1000
For car repairs, as a filling or isolating primer, for sanding or wet on wet application.
Mixing proportion per volume
Stir thoroughly until obtaining a homogenous mixture.
55÷60 seconds at 20°C thinner 15%
35÷40 seconds at 20°C thinner 25%
18÷20 seconds at 20°C przy thinner 50%
Pot life for the mixture
About 3 hours at 20°C
Number of layers
Recommended coatings thickness for isolating primer: 50÷70µm of dry layer
Recommended coatings thickness for filling primer:
200÷250µm of dry layer
RP gun parameters
Nozzle: 1,6÷2,0 mm; Pressure: 2,0-2,2 bar.
HVLP gun parameters
Nozzle: 1,5÷1,9 mm; Inlet pressure: 2,0 bar.
Flash off time
Between layers: 5÷10 minutes
Before baking: about 10 minutes
Before topcoating (wet on wet): 60÷120 minutes
Flash off time depends on the temperature and coating thickness.
about 8 hours at 20°C (depending on coating thickness).
about 45 minutes at 60°C (depending on coating thickness).
Temperatures below 20°C significantly increase the drying time.
10÷15 minutes under short wave for a coating thickess of 150÷200µm.
Do not exceed maximum temperature of 60°C.
Use according to the recommendations of the equipment manufacturer.
Wait about 10 minutes before starting IR drying.
Machine sanding: P360÷P500
Manual sanding: P280÷P320.
Machine sanding: P600÷P1000.
Manual sanding: P800÷P1000.
2K epoxy primers can be directly over coated with:
- 2K top coats.
- 1K base coats.
- 2K acrylic primers.
- 2K polyester body fillers.
- 2K epoxy body fillers.
- Do not exceed recommended doses of the hardener!
- The best repair results can be achieved by painting at room temperature. The temperature in the body shop and the temperature of the product should be similar. When working with 2K products, it is recommended to use personal protection equipment. Protect the eyes and airways.
- The rooms should be well ventilated.
- Clean the guns and equipment immediately after use.
- This product cannot be applied on wash primers and 1K primers.
Caution: To maintain safety, always follow the instructions given in the MSDS for the products.
Currently, there are no questions and answers related to this product. Be the first one to create an inquiry using the form below.